At a glance
Anti-wrinkle injections are the top cosmetic treatment in the UK, and are hugely popular at Dermoperfection’s Birmingham clinic too, as they are highly effective for treating fine lines and wrinkles!
How do anti-wrinkle injections work? This injectable temporarily blocks the nerve impulses directed towards the muscles into which it is injected, to prevent them from contracting. This therefore softens the signs of ageing across the face.
We offer two of the most well known anti-wrinkle injection brands at our medical skin and cosmetic clinic – and our clinicians have many years experience treating patients with these!
Find out more about what anti-wrinkle injections can achieve here.
The benefits of anti-wrinkle injections include:
- They are non-surgical – get long-lasting anti-ageing results all without going under the knife. Read more about our favourite alternatives to surgery here.
- They are preventative – as well as tackling existing fine lines and wrinkles, you can prevent future signs of ageing just before they appear!
- They are long-lasting, with results being visible for up to 6 months. You can then book top-ups as advised by Dermoperfection’s clinicians.
- Quick and easy treatment – we call these one of our “lunchtime treatments” as they take less than half an hour to administer. Take a look at more of these here.
- Little downtime – you can resume normal life straight after your appointment, however you can take a look at our anti-wrinkle injection aftercare advice here.
- Glabellar lines (frown lines)
- Crow’s feet
- Forehead lines
- Lip lines
- Marionette lines
- Sagging brows
Here’s some more things you need to know about anti-wrinkle injections:
- Treatment brand: Botox by Allergan and Nuceiva
- Active ingredient: Botulinum Toxin A
- Downtime: None! We recommend being gentle with the face and avoiding exercise for the first 24 hours though. Our medical professions will brief you on all aftercare pointers during your consultation.
- Risks: although extremely rare, other side effects include headache, drooping of the eyelid, skin redness, local muscle weakness or facial pain.
- Pain: Many patients report less discomfort than expected! You may experience mild pain during injection.
- Results: these are visible in 1-2 weeks, with results lasting for 3-4 months, or even up to 6 months. We recommend top-ups every 3-6 months.
Don’t forget, nothing beats experience when it comes to anti-wrinkle injections: come visit the smooth skin specialists at Dermoperfection, located in The Mailbox, Birmingham.