Did you know that over 40% of patients at Dermoperfection’s medical skin and cosmetic clinic are men?
Our Birmingham team are specialists in men’s aesthetics (or “bro-sthetics”), and can help you achieve all your skin and body goals!
Men’s skin is different to women’s, and so should be treated accordingly. Generally, men’s skin is about 25% thicker than women’s, as well as being tougher.
Sebum production is also greater in men than women after puberty, meaning men tend to have longer lasting acne and oilier skin.
Men also have higher collagen density, meaning that signs of ageing show later, however as men often do not use sunscreen as frequently as women, they can be more prone to photoageing and sun spots.
And of course, men will have different goals from their aesthetic treatments – whilst women might want a softer, more feminine look, men are more likely to opt for a chiselled look.
Here are some of the most popular treatments for men, available at Dermoperfection:
- INTRAcel Pro – this exclusive treatment uses radiofrequency microneedling to destroy the cause of acne and acne bacteria, and resurface the skin for a smoother complexion! It is also very popular and effective for lifting and tightening the skin, to treat sagging, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Mesoestetic Microneedling – this is a very versatile treatment that uses tiny, sterile needles to boost collagen production and allow solutions into the skin for various concerns, including hyperpigmentation, photoageing and even hair loss.
- Dermal fillers – with our top filler brands Juvederm and Belotero, we can help sculpt and define the jawline and cheeks for a more masculine look, as well as filling fine lines and wrinkles and volumising/balancing the lips.
- Profhilo – Profhilo for men is a huge treatment trend right now, with male patients loving how it boosts the skin’s hydration and remodels sagging skin with natural but noticeable results. This can be used on both the face AND body!
- EMSCULPT – the perfect complement for your fitness goals, EMSCULPT is used to sculpt and tone the body. This treatment reduces fat and builds muscle on the abs, arms, buttocks and calves, with results equivalent to 20,000 sit-ups!
- Envy (DiamondGlow) – this much-loved hydrafacial extracts, exfoliates and infuses the skin, getting rid of impurities and leaving you with a more radiant complexion. This is also perfect for removing dirt and grime around facial hair!
Plus, we have all the essentials for men’s skincare routines too, with medical grade skincare from world leading brands including Obagi, PCA Skin and Mesoestetic.
These are just a few recommendations for our male patients, however we pride ourselves in having a treatment range that’s suitable for all genders! Come speak to our expert team to discover the perfect treatment for you.